Excuses are used like currency, but due to overuse they no longer carry any value.
If we’re honest with ourselves, the biggest obstacle to launching our ideas is ourselves. We’ve mastered the art of excuses and use them at any time we find them most convenient.
Don’t believe me?
Walk across the hall and ask the closest person to you what they have going on. The majority of the time they will tell you that they’re busy. Even if they’ve spent most of the morning surfing social media sites.
The next time you bump into someone that’s shared a business idea with you, ask them when they plan on launching their idea. I bet you know what you’re going to hear. I’ve been busy. I’m trying to find extra time etc. etc. etc.
The bottom line is you find time for what really is important to you.
I’m writing this at 11:30 in the evening. I just finished thirty minutes on the treadmill and I have a list of things I want to accomplish before I call it a night. You ask why? Because I’ve committed to being intentional about everything I do.
No more excuses!
Let’s face it, if you search hard enough you can find excuses for just about everything. You can blame your family, your job, a coworker, your past (and the list will never end) why you’re not following after your passion and actually making life happen.
However, if you’re truly honest with yourself, the biggest obstacle is you. We hate to admit it. We would like to blame something or someone, but when we do it’s just another excuse. We’ve become so numb to our own reality that it’s easier to make excuses then it is to accept the truth. We’ve deceived ourselves by playing the blame game.
Today it’s time to be honest, let go and move forward.
Whatever it is that you want to do, the idea or business that you want to launch has to happen. Your future is dependent upon it. It’s vital that today you swallow the honesty pill and make a commitment to yourself that today you’re in control and you will play by your own set of rules.
- Be honest and decide that you no longer will make excuses for lack of activity.
- Find one thing that you could do today and then do it… Don’t put it off. If you can do it right now, then go make it happen.
- Remove anything that is keeping you from activating the thing that you are passionate about.
- Commit to doing something for the next 30 days that will move you closer to your idea, business, passion, dream etc.
- Find someone that you can become accountable to so that when you want to fall back into the same pattern, there will be someone there that will hold your feet to the fire.
You can do this! You just have to start!!
image courtesy of loir shapira